Tips for Being on Camera
- What to wear
- Solid pastels colors are preferred.
- Avoid whites, reds, and blacks; grey is okay.
- Avoid wearing glasses.
- Avoid close patterns or prints as these don’t look good on camera.
- Avoid wearing jewelry that shines or makes noise, badges or name tags.
- Modest clothing that does not distract.
- Use a little powder on forehead and face to reduce shine.
- Wear hair back and not over face if possible.
- Wear light makeup if needed to avoid looking flat.
- How to act and speak
- Speak slowly and distinct with life. But don’t over do it.
- Be natural; be yourself.
- Repeat the question in your answer. Example: What did you have for breakfast? “I had pancakes for breakfast.” Not “pancakes.”
- Smile and relax your shoulders!
- How to prepare
- Take some time and think about the questions.
- Be familiar with your answers, but don’t memories.
- In the interview, be spontaneous and genuine.
Before your interview, you will need to download and fill out the forms below. Then bring them to your interview.